I've been resting nearly the whole of today when I could have gone to work (there goes 8 hours worth of money) but owh well my health is more important than money. Despite resting for nearly 10 hours or more, I actually feel worst than before I went to bed last night. I reckon I will take at least another week (or more) to get well and I definitely hope it will be before SLC coz I wanna be all there and absorb every thing that I learn so that it can be put to full use next year. In the past few weeks, some of my friends have experience a 360 degree change. Some of these changes had repercussions that were good while the rest were not so. I am glad that for some, it has made them a better person, although, it takes time for people to accept them again. I reckon that these people deserve a second chance. Like the other day, I was chatting with a long lost schoolmate back in primary who used to have a crush on me and likewise I did too. He was sharing about how he became violent and only after what he had shared can I clearly see why he was violent. Before, I had only heard rumors about what he had done and vaguely knew why he had done it. Information that comes from the main source is definitely more reliable than the secondary ones. You need to hear the full extent of the story from the main party or both sides before making assumptions. It will never be easy to judge but you can certainly lend a listening ear. Sometimes, what a friend needs (more) is a listening ear instead of someone who tells them what they have done is right or wrong or it could have been or gone this way if you had not done it that way blah, blah, blah. Moral advice can be given but only after that person who is in anger or sadness has cooled down or showed signs of welcoming any advice. If not, you might make yourself to be the disliked one instead. However, your advice should not be biased or make things worst but rather subjective as you do not want to put the other person who is being disliked in a worst position (especially when he/she is also your friend). The best thing to do is always listen, never judge and hope for the better to come (which will take time but it will eventually be worth it).
On a different side of things, I am not sure whether I should vent about this but lately or recently, I have been losing a lot of things, earrings (I think, I have lost a few of them or maybe just misplaced them), bus cards (10 trip ones but it is still money), USB, photocopying card, money etc. It is so annoying especially when you are trying to save up and not end up broke (which I am now, sadly). I always try to encourage myself and say that money is not as important as people make it to be and that we should not store treasures on earth but rather up in heaven as God commands. However hard we try to look on the bright side of things, sometimes, it still hurts when you loose money or things like, even though, you know that these things will not last forever because one day all these things will be left behind and destroyed. But until then, I am sure that most of us are dwelling on about the things we have lost or used to have.

2 Comments:
About the giving advice or staying silent...
U hav to look at the individual & the purpose of the conversation...
If he jz wana vent, let him vent...
If he wan sum advice, giv it to im...
simple?
nt quite...
hw do u tell?
experience & gentleness...
=)
About you losing things...
tat is nt a good habit...
but im sure u will break that habit & be more careful with your belongings...
Cant wait to see u declare that u hav not lost a thing for many many years!
=)
get well soon :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home