Sunday, November 05, 2006

I found this quote really meaningful. It was from today's sermon in church.

“Grief is the price of love”

I know that when you hear or read this phrase, you might think or visualize an indescribable sadness for a broken relationship, be it marriage or one between two lovers. However, in this context it was grief over the death of a loved one. This can be our family, our friends, and those that we hold dear to us. There will eventually come a time when we will have to part with people that we know and love here on earth. Our life on earth is temporary; it is more like a rehearsal for the after life, heaven. Personally, I have not grieved deeply over the lost of an extend family which is mainly due to the distance of living apart for a number of years. My grief has mostly been for the people that I am or have been close with. These are people who mean a lot to me and the absence of their presence is greatly missed. I do not like the thought of death despite knowing that it is something great to be joined with the heavenly father. The process of grieving over a lost one can be tough going. Like us, Jesus himself grieved over the death of Lazarus. Nevertheless, He proved that death can be overcome and by doing so, God’s name can be glorified. It may take a great deal of time for us to accept the lost of a loved one, but, eventually we can overcome and get through that tough period. Although, it may seem like a long joruney to take, we need to trust in God and rely on Him to give us the strength to carry through thick or thin. One day, we shall all be where we are meant to be, in the heavenly realm.

Current status:

Sick - I have been having a runny nose and nearly lost my voice. Now, I have an awful cough.

Happy - I have been enjoying myself which is probably why it is taking a while for me to recover.

Broke - I think I have less than $6 in my account till pay day.

Excited - 1 more weeks to SLC, 2 more weeks to my practical (I am finally going to a Kindy) and 6 more weeks till I am off to down under....YAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home