Monday, October 09, 2006

Why are there such nasty people in this world, who says things that they might not have meant? Why do they have expectations that are unconceivable, that are out of reach? Why? Why? I know that as servants of God, sometimes we need to face such things, persecutions. This reminded me of what Matt shared in ICF last Friday. He was talking about the last part of the beatitudes:

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me (Jesus).

Sometimes, I honestly wish that my parents did not have to face such things. Sometimes, I secretly wish that dad was in a different occupation and that mum does not have to endure it on behalf of dad. But, I know that dad has been called to do His work and mum is there to support him. Though, sometimes life can be unfair, I am proud of them as they endure such things together. I know that it is never an easy thing to overcome such situations but they try their best. In life, in whatever we do, whoever we are with or wherever we are, we can never ever please people. No matter how much we try. However, our purpose in life is to do His will and only him. The only thing that matters is Him. I remember once, dad told me that our suffering in this world is only a tiny fraction of what Jesus had endured.

Lord, please give them the strength to be courageous and do what is right according to You no matter what befalls them.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger Trudi said...

what doesn't kill you will make you stronger!! you go laine~~ *hugzzz* i'll see you for coffee on friday k!! can't wait!!

 
At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there babe~

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

only ppl who hav issues with wad is in their hearts will create issues with wad is in ur heart.

They have problems in themselves & they see u as a good resource of temporary relief to forget the reality of their problems...

They deserve ignorance & avoidance...

forgive them...
forget wad they said...
but still lov them for they know not wad they do...

u have such an amazing background!
let it take u to even greater heights!
=)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home