A DaY tO RememBeR
Today was a very good day at work except that the children had to stay in all day because of the awful weather (and me being a lil sleepy half the time). It seemed like winter came back again (like I said in previous posts, I think it never really left us). Despite that, we brought the children to the central library. I know that it might seem like a handful, bringing nearly twenty plus children with only five adults to the library but the children were very well behaved (most of the time). At the library, I enjoyed listening to the librarian read through a few interesting books (think I will have a collection of my own) to the children. She fully engaged with the children and made them connect with the stories, that even I felt engaged myself. The librarian did this by asking questions and giving the children time to answer and make comments. She also incorporated intervals where the children were encouraged to sing songs. Okay, I know I am starting to sound like a teacher by reminiscing all that has happened. I can not help it but it was a pleasure to go on one of their day trips especially when the weather sucks.
Besides that, I finally got to try Anisa's yummy kumara or sweet potato soup. It was heavenly and very good for my flu apparently (according to her...hahaha). I also got to hang out with the rest of the bunch- Dom, Jessie, Joanne, Joyce and CK. Even though, this was like the first time I have ever hung out with them and most probably one of the last times as most of them are leaving and not ever coming back for a while or not till next year, I felt close and I just click with them which was a good thing. Joanne and Jessie had cooked yummy Asam Laksa for dinner which made the whole flat smell of belacan but it only reminded me of back home...hahaha. After all that talking, Anisa and I decided to go for a walk along Oriental Parade. It was a nice, wind-less if there is such a word) night despite the cold weather in the day. As we walked, we had a heart to heart talk. One thing that really touch me (last night) was the fact that Anisa told me that she felt and just knew that she can easily connect with me, that she had this sense or vibe in her to see and feel such a thing between us even though we barely did anything together despite her stay in Welly for the last six months. I felt honored as this is the first and most probably one of the last few times I will ever get to do this with her again. Sometimes, in life, it does not take years to get to know or be close with someone. As long as there is a longing there will be a will to get it done.

1 Comments:
now u know why im persuing wad im studying, eh?
on another note, we shud hangout to u know...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home