Isaac
Friday
I finally got to spend a reasonable amount of time with Isaac at Masi. I remember the first time I met him which was a year ago, during ski trip. He had asked me to keep his wallet while he did the dishes. Ever since then, everything just fell into place; we have gotten closer over the last few months. He's like a bigger brother to me and I call him "ger". I've shared nearly everything with him and he listens intently before responding each time. He's a great chef (yummy cheesecake) and a real gentleman. He has a real love for flat whites and jazzy music. Despite his constant teasing of my sighs with his ally, he has this gentle, calm and loving manner in him. For the past 21 months, his life has been a hurdle of ups and downs yet he holds his head up high and is stronger each time. I will miss you, Ger, but I believe this won't be the end of things. You have taught me a lot and I know that although time may have been short, what you have done for me has meant a lot. HugsZ.
On a different side of things, ICF went well once again...Hurrah!!! (like Jer likes to say). Everyone (Kung, Fran, Led, Dan and Hannah) did an awesome job. Praise the Lord! Val spoke about the first three beatitudes. Somehow, despite hearing about it more than once and within the time span of three weeks. Last night, I was shown a different side. The two verses outa the three which really struck me were, "Blessed are the poor in Spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" and "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth". The "poor in spirit" are actually the people around us, whether it is on campus or within the community, our friends, relatives or even our family who do not know the Lord. We are responsible as ambassadors of the Lord to share His love and not keep it to ourselves if they are to be in the Kingdom of God." Being "meek" isn't an act of weakness, timidity, passivity or just plain shy but rather it is a hidden act of being gentle and humbling ourselves like what Jesus did in His time. He was constantly mocked and questioned but never once did he respond in an aggressive or angry way. Sometimes, being humble and gentle can be tough as Peng shared in our group. People can take advantage of our good deeds but I am certain that one day they will come to realise what they have done and by God's grace make a difference in their lives to draw nearer to Him in time.
Instead of heading to the usual spot, we had take always and watched Princess Bride at Ramsey. It was a great show. Makes you laugh till your stomach hurts. Highly recommended.
Saturday
Morning
Location: Chocolate Fish, Scorching Bay.
Time: 10.15 - 12.30.
Menu: Bacon and Banana pancakes and chocolate gourmet milkshake.
Company: Miss President a.k.a Chinx
Mission: Date; sort some formal matters; chilling out.
Weather: Sunny and a lil windy.
Rate: 10/10.
Afternoon
Location: Kelburn Library.
Time: 12.50 - 2.15.
Mission: Get some studying done.
Rate: 5/10.
Mid afternoon
Location: Somewhere in Welly.
Time: 3ish- 5ish.
Purpose: Flatwarming.
Company: Lotsa people, known and unknown.
Rate: 8/10.
Late afternoon.
Location: Kaffee Ais, Oriental Bay.
Time: 5ish - 6.
Purpose: Gelato
Company: Three royalties.
Weather: Very windy.
Rate: 9/10.
Evening.
Location: Karori.
Time: 6ish-10ish.
Purpose: Babysitting.
Company: Two awesome sweeties.
Rate: 10/10.
Mental note: Need to be more productive tomorrow with assignments. No time for procrastination

3 Comments:
weird having my name being used as the title of something. I was seriously startled. but it was all good then.. haha..
anyz, thats very nice of you to write something about my leaving. i will miss you too!
you take care (dont sigh too much). and i will see you soon!
isaacloog
luv ya babe~ i don't know isaac that well, but i can see that he's a real strong person, being so cool about going back and all..sigh..must come back again ah isaac!
hahaha... LOVE you two to bits!!!
Isaac: I couldn't think of any, that's why and since it is dedicated to you. I'll try not sigh too much but then again what will you remember me with?
Fi: Shouldn't you be studying, Miss Lee?...hehehe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home