Saturday, September 16, 2006

AsSignMentS

The piles of assignments are still high. However, there is much more progress then before. I heart the following week after next. There's only one more assignment to do and a presentation till the next hurdle comes.

I have spent the last few weeks (nights) at the Kelburn library, be it the weekdays or weekends. What a sad life. Despite that, I am honoured to have the company of two faithful companions, Momo and Korin. Somehow, I enjoy the nights spent working on assignments and the long conversations walking home in the cold when I could stay home in the cosy, warm house watching TV (procrastination) with the presence of my beloved family. I miss the home cooked food instead of the unhealthy food. Unistop has one faithful customer who never fails to spend a single $ there, ME.

Last night, we had our TSCF (Tertiary Students Christian Felloswhip) Party to Remember instead of our usual Friday night meetings. This is an occasion to celebrate the last seventy years that TSCF has been going on for. There were numerous Parties to Remember which has been going on Internationally (UK, Malaysia, Singapore to name a few) and Nationally (Auckland, Palmy). It was a very joyous occasion to see the Grads and the current Undergrads get together.

The oldest Grad was a guy name Caleb whose seventy years (ish) old. It was encouraging to see him participate in the event.

Ching Wen gave a wonderful sharing about the current running of ICF on campus and how ICF and TSCF have impacted her life as a student. I am sure most of us undergrads can associate with what she has shared, being Christian students reaching out to other students on campus.

I was once again encouraged with the effort that each ICF members (and CUs) contributed towards the event. Peng, Fran and Nat did a great job with the theme song and the rest of us with the cleaning afterwards. It is a really great time to bond and be productive at the same time. The finale of the night was spent jamming on the keys and strings with various contemporary Christian and secular songs. There even some international ones like "Tong Hua" and "Belaian Jiwa".

I had a good workout once again. There was a great turnout, Jer, Matt, Shan, Momo, Wena, Jan, Aik win, Sue and myself. Although it was an uneven number, somehow we had a great game with lotsa laughing which is the thing that I enjoy most. It's a great way to burn the kilos.

Tomorrow, it's back to the books.

Ruth, be strong and courageous. Life still goes on and all the more now to live it to the fullest. She is looking down on you. HugZ*

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Blogger chingwen said...

hah... gal .. surprise to see my name in ur post la .. thanks for ur encouragement la :> late night at uni ?? hmmmm i think i'll join the club very soon

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger LaiNe said...

hahahah...of course. I hardly get any visitors here. It's so sad. Yay!!! Come and join us, the more the merrier although less work might be done then coz CW will be there..Keekekee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home