Just a short update on previous events and things that have been happening in these last few days.
Drag netting went well last Saturday I must say. We went to Lindale as usual before heading to the beach in Waikanae. It was an awesome day as the weather took a turn in the afternoon. While in the car with Leesha, I got to know two of the newbies who came along a lil bit better. It's really amazing when you discover new things about people and how open they can be about themselves. At the beach, I enjoyed collecting pipis in the sea with Han and Pek yi who were the only few that were keen to get all wet.
Apart from that, it was soaking up the sun, talking about random thing with the oldies while eating chips and drinking coke and a nice walk on the beach with Anna. According to the experts, our catch (which consisted of lotsa crabs and pipis, a sting ray, two flounders and 3 baby sharks which we had to put back into the sea) for that day was one of the biggest ever in 3 years of ICF drag netting. Isn't that just great!
In tradition, we headed back to K & L place to cook our catch after we were satisfied. Although, we were all so exhausted by then, people still had a great time eating and eating and eating, playing the Chinese New year quiz, bonding, watching TV, making fun of each other and just playing the things (pool table, footy table, piano, and guitar) that were available at the house.
Like Fran mentioned in her blog, it's the impact that we make in people's life that matters most despite the small numbers that came to drag netting. I feel satisfied and I am sure He does to.
On different note, I had training on Sunday for this week's Orientation and tomorrow it will be training for SG (small group) leaders. This year, I will be leading a DJG (discovering Jesus group) for students to whom English is a second language. I am looking forward to another year of adventure of studying the bible with my group.
Apart from that, this week has mainly been work and exercise which are both good for me. Owh, I also went to Leuven for breakfast twice, on Monday with the girls and today with my parents. I finally got my long awaited hair cut today and a dental appointment which has made my day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home