LaSt dayS
HAPPY NEW YEAR, people!!!! I know my greeting is way overdue BUT I have not had the time to blog in Brisbane (as much as I would like to). APOLOGIES. This is due to the limitations of dial up internet and just being occupied with things, places and people. I am not complaining since I am on holiday here, although, I would like to share my joys and excitements with people when it’s still fresh in my head. I have come to realize the importance of broadband internet when you need it and how slow dial up internet can be. Tomorrow or today (in NZ time), marks the end of my two weeks here in Brisbane. The past two weeks has been an adventure. I have done and gain so many things in these two weeks.
So what are theses things that I have done and gain in Brisbane? (in no order of importance).
I did more shopping and spent more $ than I have ever had in my entire life. I think I bought nearly all the essentials a girl needs.
I finally covered the last theme parks in Gold coast, Wet and wild which I must say is one of the best theme parks (for me) coz not only was the weather perfect (as in it was not as hot as the weather would usually be but) the day we were there, I was also kept cooled most of the time after each rides. Apart from that, I did not have to wait very long either for the rides compared to the other theme parks that I have been to. Lastly, I had lots of fun with my sisters and cousin, learned to overcome my fear of heights and got and an unwanted tan despite applying lots of sunscreen and trying to stay out of the sun most of the time.
I have come to love Vietnamese cuisine especially their rolls. I even learned how to put the roll together all by myself while at the restaurant.
I watched five movies in a span of two weeks. There were Happy Feet (I love Mumble, he is so adorable), Blood Diamond (A really good movie as it shows the cruelty which happened and still towards the people of Africa), Night at the Museum (Recommended for families), Eragon (It was okay) and, somehow, I can't seem to remember what the fifth one was.
I got to spend more time with my grandparents, uncles, aunties, and cousins at organized gatherings and events and have built stronger relationships with most of them. I realize how much I love them dearly.
I ate black sesame ice cream for a third time, thanks to one of my awesome cousins who went all out to search for it in Brisbane despite not having had it before.
I watched all of Studio Ghibli’s collection of movies. Well, the good ones anyways which means I still need to cover three more dvd's to cover the whole lot.
I learnt how to cook Char kuey teow (Vun family’s version).
I attended one of Planet Shaker’s night conferences despite not being able to visit their church while I was in Melbourne (Isn’t God awesome).
I conquered Mount Warning which took me five and a half hours (return) without any prior training. I learnt how bad my phobia of heights can be, going up the mountain was no problem but the climb down was.
I realise that I love oil paintings on canvas although, I do not have any skills as such.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home