For the last few days since my first post of Melbourne, I finally did some serious shopping anf bought some things after all that window shopping. We went to Mrlbourne Central and South Yarra. I finally bought the pair of shoes that I waited a day for from Myers. The waiting was worth it. I also bought a few clothes and souvenirs for people back home. So, don’t be surprise if you are one of them. On Saturday, we went to Phillip Island to see the penguins. The drive there took a whole three hours with brown all around us instead of greens coz of the heat. We had fish and chips for lunch by the beach. It wasn’t too bad but definitely not as good as New Zealand’s fish and chips. Talking about fish and chips, a few Aussies including my dear cousin Becs have been asking me to say that sentence repetitively. They reckon that I say it with the New Zealand accent and that when I say “chips”, it is different from the Aussie’s way of saying “chips”. Anyhow, went to my uncle’s church, St Matthias last night for the Christmas Eve service there. The service last night actually reminded me of the Chinese churches back home, very lively and vibrant. I enjoyed the way they sang the Christmas carols continuously, it showed the enthusiasm and joy the people had on Jesus’ birthday. After, there was the usual Asian style supper with lots of yummy home-made food of meatballs, curry puffs, cakes. Today, I went with Becs to Jay’s family Christmas breakfast which apparently has been going on for years. We had toast with bacon, omelet, and hash browns…YUM!!! The weather today was pretty chilling. It was not only cold but wet and windy, just like Welly’s weather. I was telling Karen earlier how the weather followed me here. It was so cold that it actually hailed despite the season. Tomorrow, I will be queuing up for more serious shopping.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home