So what have I been up to in the last few days?
Well, two more friends have left on Monday (Miss you Jess and Hannah) and soon it will be Esther's turn on Sunday *sigh*. I am now starting to accept the fact that most people who were supposed to have left have nearly all gone and the ones who are left behind are few and are staying over Christmas anyways. I have also been working at Nursery and Preschool (despite them not needing me in the first place) and babysitting Jaydon to try and get some meager pocket money. I finally had coffee (Yummy Fidels) with Karen and Esther on Tuesday night and bummed in the car which overlooked a part of Wellington as we talked about "flying pigs and cows"*hint, hint*. On Wednesday, I watched Material Girl (courtesy of Jess) with Ruth and my sisters. I would not have watched the movie if it was not for free. I do not have much to say about the movie considering it was a typical chick flick so you would know the storyline anyway just by watching the trailers. In this movie, we girls were really depicted as being dumb. I give it a four, four and a half out of ten. However, I must say that not all chick flicks are meaningless. Some are actually pretty good and worth your time and money. In the same night, I also watched Children of Men with Peng, Dan and two other of Peng's friend. It was ironic though coz earlier Dan was trying to persuade me into watching the movie but I told him that I felt awkward watching it with a whole bunch of guys since it was meant to be a guys night (I think). In the end, I ended up watching it anyways as the fifth person could not turn up and Ruth and my sister had already seen it. I give it seven and a half out of ten as it was way better than the first movie for that day.
Yesterday, I attended the graduation ceremony for Commerce students in Vic (Congratulations Esther, Aik win and the many others who graduated yesterday). I really enjoyed the parade as you got to see a whole bunch of students in black robes with orange hoods (and a few other colors) walking through the main streets of the city, heading towards Civic square where the mayor gave her speech and then it was the queue for the students to let go of the helium balloons that they were holding unto throughout the whole parade. The ceremony was not as bad I had been told or anticipated it to be. Although, the ceremony took two hours and a bit, there were only three speeches and two of them were actually funny ones. I really loved the one that was given by the valedictorian as she really reminded me of Reese Whiterspoon except she was way better. Anyhow, when the actual graduation occurred, both Dan and I (and I think maybe her mum and sister too) shouted out Esther’s name as received her certificate. The people who were sitting in front of us actually looked behind to see. However, I must assure you that we were the least weirdoes there coz other people’s families, relatives and friends were just as loud. That is one thing that I like about Vic’s graduation ceremony, the sternness that it may depict like any other Universities graduation ceremony yet there was a tinge of humor in it. Some of the students actually presented the Chancellor with flower necklaces even though he was meant to be presenting them with their certificates. After the ceremony, Dan and I bum at Frankitt’s park for a while before heading of to his place. It was actually really windy and a chilly even though the sun was brightly shinning. Tonight, I will be going to a 20th. Am looking forward to it coz at least I know some people there apart from the party girl

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home