A feW sMiLeS aNd kiNd woRds....
Tomorrow will be my last day at Northland Kindergarten. Although, I should be leaping for joy as I will be done in less than twenty four hours and I do not have to walk up those horrendous steps and slopes in the morning anymore, a part of me will miss what I have been doing for the last three weeks. I feel like I am going to miss the children the most though. At this mere second, I am already thinking about how I would not see the children from the afternoon session again as they do not come in on Fridays. This afternoon, as I said goodbye to each child and parent, reality hit me and I realize that tomorrow would be my last day in the kindergarten and I would not have to come to this place anymore (apart from a random visit which I doubt will ever happen unless I get a job there).
As I look back, three weeks ago, I was dreading so much in starting my practical. I did not really look forward to it as friends were on holiday, some were leaving to go home and just the thought of having to do assignments put me off even more. I was skeptical in thinking that time would go by quickly but how wrong was I. Time just flew by so quickly that I still remember the first day I step into the Kindergarten. Yet, I have learnt and gain so much from being at the kindergarten from 8.15 to 3.30/45 with the children and teachers everyday for the past three weeks. Some of these experiences and feelings can not be put into words as one can only know and feel it by going through the experience itself. It gives me a great satisfaction to know that what I have done has made a difference in the lives of some of the children that I have gotten to know. It is priceless. I am amazed at the few who have the ability to remember and say my name when they see me. The countless times of reading stories and attending to the their cries, the amount of reliance, trust and respect they have for who you are and not what you look like, the rare hugs and kisses that you get when they see you first thing in the morning, the relationships I have build with some of the mothers and the understanding that I share with the teachers. It is priceless. I can never turn back those times nor can I forget that it even started. All it took was a few smiles and kind words to begin something new and unexpected.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home