Once again, it was a lovely, sunny, warm but slightly windy day. This time I finally got to enjoy it without having to worry about children's safety. I would usually only get to enjoy such a lovely day either at work when I am outside with the children or at the end of the day when I have finished work which is not long enough as I would usually have to rush to something afterwards or it gets cold after a while. So, this afternoon a bunch of us decided to hang out at Frankitts Park which is a pretty cool place to do such a thing especially when the weather's good. I also had my sixth or seventh gelato in less than four weeks which is not too bad I suppose. I mean how often you get to have them on a nice Wellington weather like todays? Today would be one of the last beach days for some of us some would be back home in Malaysia or busy with other things in the coming week. However, I am glad that most of them are returning back next year.
Apart from that, I woke up pretty early today for a Saturday morning when I could have finally have my sleep in after waking up at seven a.m. each morning to volunteer for the City Mission Appeal which went very well considering I was expecting the worst scenario to happen. The people that donated money were very generous and it was encouraging to see their smiles and comments to us. I did it with Ed whom I have not seen for ages. He enjoyed it himself and would not mind doing it again. I am going to miss Ed next year as he will be one of the few who is leaving and not returning. Well, at least I can look forward to having someone drive me around Auckland when I am up there.
The night ended with a quite one as Leessa’s place where some of us had a spicy chicken dish (thanks Buz), partly watched ‘the day after tomorrow’, did massages and just talked about random things.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home