Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sigh, It's the eNd of HoliDayS


WeLliNtoNianS, AuCkLaNderS and DuNediaN?

Yea, indeed it is coming to an end...3 hours, 8 minutes and 42 seconds as the time goes by. Although, I must say that I am pretty satisfied with the last few days. It has been very eventful and my days have been very productive.

Dinner on Thursday was fabulous. Fran and I finally got to chat and catch up on things. The food wasn't too bad either considering there wasn't any gas in most of the restaurants in Welly for the last few days. We had BBQ lamb shank and Pork (something). The atmosphere at Last Supper was cosy, yet classy. I think we were one of the youngest diners that night. Since our stomachs were only half full, we headed to Midnight Expresso for some yummy chocolate cake and Fran's "wonderful" orange juice which was indeed wonderful (should try it if you're ever there). Our date ended with another good chat at the bus stop. Thanks Fran.

Swimming on Friday was average coz it didn't seem as exciting as the first time, partly coz the waves didn't start till we got changed. But, I think the people who came this time round did make a difference; there were more guys than girls. So, we had more girl talks than swimming done which was sweet. I was also able to put my 'breast stroke' into practice again and I made sure that I went on the slides a bit more. After, a few of us stopped by Queensgate while the rest headed back. There, I burnt a few more $ but it was a really good bargain and made me looked nice. Dinner was a treat since I hadn't been there for nearly a year except that it was a lil too spicy for my forte. The company was also rare which made it special. Thanks J.L. I hope you had a good time.

Later in the night, I met up with the rest including the Aucklanders (A, B, C) who were spending the weekends down here. I had another good chat with Anna and got to know A and B a little more.

Saturday had a good start to it with some adrenaline rush pumping through my bod. It seemed like ages since I last had a good workout. I'm much better at "loose control" but I would love to master the next moves for it. Currently, I'm finding the new dance a lil hard to do coz there's lotsa hand and leg co-ordination. My brain's failing me too. As I didn't wanna head home too
soon, went over to the crib on Mount St, had a lil chat and watched 'Wimbledon'. I really envy Cameron Diaz's bod. One day, I'll somehow get there.

The night at Peng's was a great-fantastic-awesome-wonderful way to end the hols. Nearly everyone brought something to eat or put their cooking skills into practice. We had some wonderful dishes. I especially loved the Korean one with lotsa yummy rice cakes. There were some really cool acoustic and jazzy talents that night with the guitar, giving a tranquil night. In contrast, there were also a lot of hyperactive sessions with the games. The night came to an end with drinks at E-holic, more bonding and posing like an Asian.

This morning I woke up with a bad headache, must have been the lack of sleep from the night before. Nevertheless, I made it to church in time for the second song. Somehow, I totally forgot that it was Father's day today but made it up with a hug and dinner. It was sad to part with the Aucklanders but with every meeting, there will be a farewell to it which leaves room for more fun in the future. It was nice to spend the weekend with ABC.

My mind is still going through some of the scenes in "Crash". It was a good movie but I found it a lil disturbing at first and irritating in some parts. Maybe it's just me. My simple mind can't contain too many complexities all at once.

The movie depicts similarities with real life events which can be happening right at this moment of time. There are numerous coincidences in life and sometimes it just pays off to be a lil patient, less judgemental and forgiving to your neighbour. These are the lessons I have learnt.

I'm just gonna end with the message from today's sermon at church. Although, the tongue can be the smallest and one of the lightest organs in the human body, it can be a perilous weapon at times. Sometimes, what we say can be very hurtful to people (be it intentional or not). Thus, we need to be careful with what we say and T.H.I.N.K first about the words that come out of our mouth. We need to consider whether our words are True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, and Kind before we say it out. By faith, we can control our tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home