Life as a student : P
It took me a while to adapt back into the life of a student (nearly three weeks) and just when I did, I became terribly sick with the flu, had really awful coughing fits till my insides hurt. Three weeks later, I'm tied up with tones and tones of assignments (what a life!) and a week down the road; you get 2 weeks of break from the "study mode". How am I ever going to keep up with this kinda life? Although, it is a break, it isn't really one when you have to work on an assignment due on the second week of break. Despite that, I like the thought of not having to wake up early for lectures and tutorial, or feeling guilty for skipping a few lately. I really wanna change this habit of using the excuse to skip lectures and (some tutorials) in order to finish an assignment that's due, should not be valid.
However, the last two weeks has been an "eye opener" for me due to the expectation of papers done in Kelburn which had to be written in the "academic way". it didn't help much having done most of my papers in Karori Campus where the expectation is totally different. I had to put so much more effort into it and hardly had time to slack (maybe a little procrastination). I am thankful to the *peoples* who have helped me through this journey. You have encouraged and motivated me a lot, you know who you are. The unheard prayers, thoughts, encouragement, time spent together studying at the library and constructive criticism has help me gain a lot more.
Today didn't go as well as planned. A lot of things stuffed up due to the sync of events which were disrupted as a result of countless possibilities. Nevertheless, it has taught me some useful lessons in life which I shall keep in mind for the future. I shall not ramble on what will desolate but count my BLESSINGS.
I'm overjoyed that I get to spend the weekend with Ruth and Anna. YAY! BUT, I wish that I could also be at the ski trip with everyone else (and the two of you). Even though, I've consoled myself by saying that I've been there and done that, I won't be missing out much. I've realised that it's the people and the experience you have with them that counts. Not the place or time. DARN!!!! I shall not regret because I know that it will be well worth it eventually. Better things will come in due time. I am definitely looking forward to committee retreat next week. WOOHOOO!! I get to spend three days and two nights with awesome, wonderful, amazing, cool peeps in Paradiso. What a start to this role? Ain't that good for beginners.
The journey I have chosen has just begun. It is only a spark for now but sooner or later it will become a flaming fiery fire. This road will lead to pleasing Him and only Him alone by doing and obeying His will. I am honoured to be walking this step of faith with four other gifted yet humble beings, Leesa, Fran, Fi and Jer. A year of great mission, diversity in cultures, "home away from home", learning to fall and yet stepping up with more courage, confidence and strength. It is not the "ability"(OCW) that the Lord is seeking but the "availability" (OCW) of His children.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plan I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 Comments:
Heys, I didn't really know that people were reading my blog but yeah I'll try to do that once I start updating more often... You're a great friend to have and to know too : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home