Saturday, July 22, 2006

Once again...

Once again, a lot has happen in the past few weeks...

Auckland
I had a really great time in Auckland, 11 days of rest, relaxation and fun. I was able to meet up with old friends as well as making some new friends, mainly OCFers, trying out different kinda food like Dunking Donuts, Wendy's and Easyway (man...I miss it so much...craving for some right now...it's not the same with the ones here in Welly and never will be..hahaha...it's the best), shopping (they have a really huge (NZ standard) Dressmart and malls (better than none like Welly) and sight-seeing (Mission Bay, Devonport (got some nice earrings there). The weather was also great, five days of warmth and blue skies. Surprisingly, I didn't miss my family much but I was looking forward to meeting the rest of the gang at conference.

Conference
Conference was also different from what I'm used to which made it special coz otherwise it will be like all the others I've been to in previous years. Some of the talks and workshops have really opened up my mind and made me look at Christianity in a different perspective. At times, it was a little confusing (partly coz I was half awake due to lack of sleep) but otherwise very encouraging (especially the workshop with the Grads). To sum up conference, I'd say that I like to turn back the time of 6 days learning, living and understanding God's word with other students serving on Campus around NZ. I love the prayer, worship, food, watching soccer, putting our dance into use and just hanging out with different people. I've change a bit from conference, still need a lot of work by the Creator and have learnt to apply what I've learnt into my life - changes

Uni
It's the end of the second week of uni which has finally brought me back to the reality of being a student with lects, tuts and assignments. I guess I didn't really know what to expect from this trimester but I'd knew that it'll definitely be different considering I'm starting my other degree and having two of my papers in Kelburn campus (finally!!! I'm a student there). The lectures weren't so bad, just that you'd go into a hall where you didn't know anyone of the faces in it and that's different but I'm glad that most of it are pretty much the same as the ones at teach-col (well, I think they try to make it to since it is Education studies). Tuts started this week and I must say that I'm getting into the hang of the "getting to know you bit" though I didn't really talk much in my EDUC113 one, I prefer to observe and listen which makes me feel guilty though coz it seems like I'm not contributing much to the discussions. I need time to adjust.

ICF
We had our second meeting yesterday and I thank God for bringing back those who came in the first week, guessing they love us so much...hehehe. I'm also considering a different role in ICF this trimester and the following year to come. I thank God for sending people into my life to direct my decision unto the right path. I know that the journey would not always be easy despite working with other Christians but that's the whole fun of it coz God would not always give us an easy way out especially when wanting to serve Him. This will also challenge me to come out of my comfort zone and to step up for Him at certain points of my life and this is one of them. I want God to use me more than what I think of my own capabilities. I look forward to the new dynamics of the committee.

Dance, Day out with Chinx, & B'day
It's good to get back into that adrenaline rush especially when it's with people you like to hang out with. I finally made sense of all that moves we did at conference but I still need to brush up on my steps. 2 hours of sweat, style and step.

I finally got to spend the day with Chinx, it's been a while since we last had our heart to heart talks, just the two of us. We had a good talk which was very productive I must say. The location for lunch was also nice since I've never been there but heard that the food was yummy and indeed it was. The sun was also out, it finally made its way out after nearly a week of cold temperatures of rain, wind and hail. We also had gelato despite it now being the middle of winter.

Vivian's birthday was different. The majority of people at the party were mainly Asians apart from Sarah but she is somewhat Asian and I'm sure more than I am since she speaks fluently, dresses (sometimes) and listens to Chinese music. I was happy to have gotten to know most of the people there (since they went to teach-col for foundation studies) and found a long lost college mate, it was funny coz neither of us recognise each other but it was just great to finally meet her again. I've also manage to invite a few to ICF and they responded positively so I'll just have to see next Friday.

thats it for this month's post...happy reading : )

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home