YesTeRDaY
SoMe PiCs froM Retreat....

SuNSeT, RauMati BeaCh

ChaRlieS AngeLs

W.I. C. F InC
Yesterday,
I was more productive then I used to be,
I managed to get some cleaning done,
I had coffee in L'affare and some walking in the sun.
I'd thought that I'd begin differently with this post by starting with a 'poem'. Elaine's self creation. As you can see (inspired by the Beatles' song, Anna!), yesterday, I was so blissful that I finally got to spend the day out in the sun. This was because usual 'last minute me' had to spend two consecutive days previously working on an assignment in the library when I could have been out bumming in the sun. It is defintely God's grace in granting me and everyone else whose thankful 3 consecutive days of warm sun in well known cold, wet and windy Wellington.
I had so many options to choose from for the day, staying home and cleaning, starting on an assignment at the library with Anna and Han, paintball in Grenada with Keith and peeps, bumming on the beach with the gang, a visit to Parliament with Aik win and friends or coffee with two sweeties. It's good to know that people wanna include you in things but then again, I find that the downside of it, is that you can't do everything and with everyone. But, I didn't regret my decision since I'm usually bad at saying No.
I was also proud of myself for staying at home the whole morning, cleaning my room and the kitchen as well as having lunch with dad and my sisters since I'm hardly home at that hour. After being a dutiful daughter and sister, I made my way to Karori to run an errand for dad. Then, I made my way into the city where I met up with Fran and Esther for some coffee in L'affare. There, I couldn't make up my mind on whether I should have Ice coffee or Ice chocolate, so clever me, chose Iced Mochachinno to make it even. We had such a good chat and catch up on things. Later, Fi and Buzz came and joined us.
However, I did not make it to the beach (Sorry Anna) but instead Esther and I went to The Warehouse where she so happily bought her coffee grinder. I learnt a few things that day, that there's the coffee grinder, espresso machine and plunger (I know I sound silly but I seriously I took a while in differentiating the different usage of each equipment, for those of you who know me well, you understand, my tiny brain can only take so much).
Headed home and spent an hour or so with the family before heading out to Leesha's. I had a great time hanging out with the committee and sleeping over (which was unintentional but LOVELY Leesha was so nice to let me). We had Hell's for dinner and watched a couple of DVDs before the rest left. Then Leesh's and I had some girl talk before I doze off.
What a day to spend : )
Today's DJG went well. Yippee!!! Praise God. I'm once again proud of myself for getting through the questions with Emi. It really intrigues me to know how passionate she is in wanting to know and learn more about God and how some simple things that I take for granted can be quite complex for others.
In the afternoon, I had great walk with dad as we went through the gardens. It's been a while since we last done this together. We went to his special 'seat' which has great significance for our family as it is partly the reason we are here in New Zealand. I was also at awe with God's wonderful creation, the skies, the tulips, the fresh air, life and just Me. Thank you God!
Today, I am also much better after all that torment. I am definitely looking forward to dinner tonight and catching up with a special friend.
Tomorrow would also be another awesome day at H20 with awesome people. I'm anticipating the weekends with dance, food and company.
1 Peter 3:15-18

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home