Wednesday, May 06, 2009

1227AM

I'm still up after wrestling with the Trinity for the last 12 hours. It's been an awesome 12 hours writing up my conversational response. I love knowing more about something, especially things related to God. It inspires, strengthens and refreshes me to learn more about Him. It's just amazing to know that God is three persons, and each person is fully God, yet there is only on God (if that makes any sense).

As I was filling up the different bits in my monthly report for April, I could see how much progress I've made since I first started Minty in February with student work in Massey, fund raising support, part time work, and my studies. I love Minty and as I was sharing with A, E's friend from Singapore about it last night, I was very encouraged to know that the God I serve is also actively working in York too, and in Singapore. I can't remember how many times I've told different people about Minty but it does not tire me to do so because I am proud of owning what I am doing this year. For me, serving God is a real honor and blessing, and there is nothing else better to do than this.

Today, I will be moving into my flat. If I were to talk about changes, this would be one of them. I am looking forward to finally moving into my flat. But, at the same time, I know that I am going to miss my parents terribly. How Ironic? Yet, on the bright side of things, it will definitely prepare me for when they permanently leave the country for Brisbane. I'm happy that they are moving to Brisbane since it has always been something that my parents, particularly my dad have wanted to do. And now, they finally get to go there. The pluses of this move would be a warmer climate; much warmer indeed and P would have them there with her.

Another new change would be Lifepoint church. I have decided that I would like to be part of Lifepoint church. It is a very different to the churches I've grown up in or attended but that make it more interesting. I probably would not have said the same thing had it been a few years earlier, but; I think that I am much more susceptible to changes now, after being through so much the last few months. Now, anything is possible and it’s just a matter of whether I am willing to embrace it. Yes, I am!!!! This change is vital to me unlike my move into the flat which is just as important but with flatting, you can just change anytime you like as long as you can afford the new place and have someone to replace you in the old. But, I think I'm going to be in this flat for a while. I'm committed!!!! So, talking about Lifepoint church, why is this vital, well, it's going to be a church that I will be attending over the next few years especially while I am still in Wellington, hence why it is a very important decision for me. I am embracing God's work to be done in and through me as I become part of this new community. I see it as a place where I will be supported in my walk and growth in Him. The last two weeks at Lifepoint have been amazing, healing and justice. It's a blessing to be able to find myself in God at this church. I also love the families there even though I haven't met any of them formally but the smiles I get and the warmth I felt, that's more than enough for me. I love the flexibility to be who you are there. I don't have to hide or worry about what the next person who’s sitting beside me thinks, I can be myself and breath.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home