Saturday, June 09, 2007

JUNE

The month of June plays a significant time for me nearly every year besides being the month that I celebrate turning a year older ( and wiser, hopefully). I remember celebrating my 21st last year way before the actual day (due to examinations on the actual day) and being amaze at those who showed up for the occasion. On top of that, I dislocated my shoulder the day after by playing basketball which I don't usually play. Besides that, I discovered things like Karen being part of a band and how talented she is at playing the bass guitar, people whom I hardly know going all the way out for me and watching rugby at Jan's old flat on Adam's terrace on the same day I dislocated my shoulder. I also recall getting a long distance wake up call from a dear friend on my actual birthday which was sweet of her.

This year, it's filled with finishing up last minute assignments and a test, endless nights at the library (although I don't actually have any exams), eating lot's of take aways and junk food, going to the CU/ICF ball with a date and receiving lovely roses, attending and celebrating birthdays of family and friends, finally making it to Chocolate Fish with my family, praying for the students on our campus, getting a real holiday, going to a concert (soon), meeting some special delegates of the 'Queen' and also a time to slowly say goodbye to a few people that I've only started building friendships with. I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity to know these people a little better and to make a difference in their lives.

June is also the beginning of a new season, Winter. The start of Winter in Wellington has been pretty good due to the somewhat warmth in the daytime. I feel blessed to be able to experience four seasons in a year : )

All the best for those with examinations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home