Monday, September 28, 2009

MonDay nightS

"This is my desire to be used by you"

I really enjoyed leadership training tonight. It brought back lots of memories except this time round, I was on the other end, facilitating. I remember every Monday night, fortnightly, we would gather in Collins Room over pizzas first and catch up. Then, we will roll into the session, whatever was laid out for that evening and later a time of praying for each other. Two years in a row. I've learned so much from each of those sessions, so ingrained that it's being lived out. Sharing from experience and following in the footsteps of those who have taught before me made it so much easier. I felt like one of them- a part of something that I could offer of myself.

He reminded me again about how being a leader is not necessarily someone who has to have everything or who always gets things right all the time. It's about giving of yourself to others-servanthood. Jesus lived it out during his time. He wasn't liked by many and yet he did what he came to do and many came to believe in him. I have nothing to give but myself and that's good enough for him. It gives me purpose and drive in living this life, wherever I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home